A study released by the Pennsylvania NewsMedia Association via the Triad Newspaper Ad Effectiveness Service on Monday said that traditional newspaper display ads and pre-printed inserts continue to work for advertisers.
The study showed that 7 out of 10 readers take action as a result of issue-specific ads and inserts — and the variety of actions that readers take offline and online are impressive.
Here are the actions that readers take as a result of ads and inserts:
- Purchase/purchase consideration
- Visit the advertiser’s website
- Check out the advertiser’s social media
- Visit a store, dealer or other location
- Bring newspaper insert to the store
- Clip coupons and special offers
- Have a more favorable brand opinion
- Save the ad for future reference
- Gather more info about the product/service
- Text someone about the product/service
- Ask someone about the product/service
- Recommend the product/service
- Check out an online review
- Pass along the ad to someone
- Search online for the product/service
Your Indiana Gazette sales representative can get you more information about advertising in the print edition. Still not convinced that print is the way to go? Talk with them about our digital sales opportunities. Call (724) 465-5555.